Asymptotic Inference For Unit Root Processes With Garch(1,1) Errors
AbstractThis paper investigates the so-called one-step local quasi maximum likelihood estimator for the unit root process with GARCH(1,1) errors. When the scaled conditional errors (the ratio of the disturbance to the conditional standard deviation) follow a symmetric distribution, the asymptotic distribution of the estimated unit root is derived only under the second-order moment condition. It is shown that this distribution is a functional of a bivariate Brownian motion as in Ling and Li (1998, Annals of Statistics 26, 84 125) and can be used to construct the unit root test.The authors thank the co-editor, Bruce Hansen, and two referees for very helpful comments and suggestions. W.K. Li s research is partially supported by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council. Ling s research is supported by RGC Competitive Earmarked Research grant HKUST6113 02P.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 04 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Yushu & Shukur, Ghazi, 2009.
"Testing for Unit Root against LSTAR model – wavelet improvements under GARCH distortion,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
184, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Li, Yushu & Shukur, Ghazi, 2009. "Testing for Unit Root against LSTAR Model: Wavelet Improvement under GARCH Distortion," CAFO Working Papers 2009:6, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics, Linnaeus University.
- Li, Yushu, 2012.
"Wavelet Based Outlier Correction for Power Controlled Turning Point Detection in Surveillance Systems,"
2012:12, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Yushu, 2013. "Wavelet based outlier correction for power controlled turning point detection in surveillance systems," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 317-321.
- Yushu Li, 2011. "Wavelet Based Outlier Correction for Power Controlled Turning Point Detection in Surveillance Systems," CREATES Research Papers 2011-29, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- H. Peter Boswijk & Franc Klaassen, 2005. "Why Frequency Matters for Unit Root Testing," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-119/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Francq, Christian & Makarova, Svetlana & Zakoi[diaeresis]an, Jean-Michel, 2008. "A class of stochastic unit-root bilinear processes: Mixing properties and unit-root test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 312-326, January.
- Li, Yong & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Zhang, Jie, 2012. "Testing for a unit root in the presence of stochastic volatility and leverage effect," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 2035-2038.
- Gospodinov, Nikolay, 2008. "Asymptotic and bootstrap tests for linearity in a TAR-GARCH(1,1) model with a unit root," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 146-161, September.
- Jin-Yu Zhang & Yong Li & Zhu-Ming Chen, 2013. "Unit Root Hypothesis in the Presence of Stochastic Volatility, a Bayesian Analysis," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(1), pages 89-100, January.
- Horváth, Lajos & Kokoszka, Piotr, 2003. "A bootstrap approximation to a unit root test statistic for heavy-tailed observations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 163-173, April.
- Wang, Gaowen, 2006. "A note on unit root tests with heavy-tailed GARCH errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(10), pages 1075-1079, May.
- Chor-yiu SIN, 2004. "Estimation and Testing for Partially Nonstationary Vector Autoregressive Models with GARCH: WLS versus QMLE," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 92, Econometric Society.
- Paulo Rodrigues & Antonio Rubia, 2008. "A note on testing for nonstationarity in autoregressive processes with level dependent conditional heteroskedasticity," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 581-593, July.
- Westerlund, Joakim, 2014. "On the choice of test for a unit root when the errors are conditionally heteroskedastic," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 40-53.
- Li, Yushu & Shukur, Ghazi, 2009. "Wavelet Improvement of the Over-rejection of Unit root test under GARCH errors," CAFO Working Papers 2009:7, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics, Linnaeus University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.