Water, Sanitation and the Modern City: Colonial and Post-colonial Experiences in Lagos and Mumbai
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in its series Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) with number HDOCPA-2006-06.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as background research for the 2006 Human Development Report.
human development; water; sanitation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Y8 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M. Cutler & Grant Miller, 2006.
"Water, Water Everywhere. Municipal Finance and Water Supply in American Cities,"
in: Corruption and Reform: Lessons from America's Economic History, pages 153-184
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Cutler & Grant Miller, 2005. "Water, Water, Everywhere: Municipal Finance and Water Supply in American Cities," NBER Working Papers 11096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marja J�Rvel� & Eva-Marita Rinne-Koistinen, 2005. "Purity and Dirt as Social Constructions: Environmental Health in an Urban Shantytown of Lagos," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 375-388, 06.
- Werner Troesken, 2003. "Municipalizing American Waterworks, 1897--1915," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 373-400, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.