Corruption in Public Service Delivery: Experience from South Asia's Water and Sanitation Sector
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wade, Robert, 1985. "The market for public office: Why the Indian state is not better at development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 467-497, April.
- Ebrahim, Alnoor, 2003. "Accountability In Practice: Mechanisms for NGOs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 813-829, May.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-81, August.
- Vijay Jagannathan, N., 1986. "Corruption, delivery systems, and property rights," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 127-132, January.
- Mauro, Paolo, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712, August.
- Brunner, Norbert & Lele, Ashwini & Starkl, Markus & Grassini, Laura, 2010. "Water sector reform policy of India: Experiences from case studies in Maharashtra," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 544-561, July.
- Philippe Marin, 2009. "Public-Private Partnerships for Urban Water Utilities : A Review of Experiences in Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2703, March.
- Hulya Dagdeviren & Simon A. Robertson, 2009. "Access to Water in the Slums of the Developing World," Working Papers 57, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Lobina, Emanuele & Hall, David, 2007. "Experience with private sector participation in Grenoble, France, and lessons on strengthening public water operations," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 93-109, June.
- Gershberg, Alec Ian & González, Pablo Alberto & Meade, Ben, 2012. "Understanding and Improving Accountability in Education: A Conceptual Framework and Guideposts from Three Decentralization Reform Experiences in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1024-1041.
- Crow, Ben & Odaba, Edmond, 2009. "Scarce, costly and uncertain: water access in Kibera, Nairobi," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt8c10s316, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Anwar, Sajid & Cooray, Arusha, 2012. "Financial development, political rights, civil liberties and economic growth: Evidence from South Asia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 974-981.
- Taniguchi, Mariko & Kaneko, Shinji, 2009. "Operational performance of the Bangladesh rural electrification program and its determinants with a focus on political interference," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2433-2439, June.
- World Bank, 2008. "The Political Economy of Policy Reform : Issues and Implications for Policy Dialogue and Development Operations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7782, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.