The Impact of Neighborhood Characteristics on House Prices: What Geographic Area Constitutes a Neighborhood?
AbstractThe concept of neighbourhood has been analyzed in many disciplines but there is little consensus on what constitutes a neighbourhood. The theoretical literature in housing economics suggests that neighbourhood characteristics are important in determining the value of a housing unit. Thus, to obtain accurate estimates of the impact of its components on house prices, it is necessary to include neighborhood indicators but the level of aggregation of these variables is unclear.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 9905.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: Jan 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Fax: (508) 793-3708
Web page: http://www.holycross.edu/departments/economics/website/
More information through EDIRC
Environment; housing; neighborhoods; prices;
Other versions of this item:
- Kiel, K.A. & Zabel, J.E., 1998. "The Impact of Neighborhood Characteristics ou House Prices: What Geographic Area Constitutes a Neighborhodd?," Papers 98-04, Wellesley College - Department of Economics.
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ioannides, Yannis M. & Seslen, Tracey N., 2002.
"Neighborhood wealth distributions,"
Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 357-367, August.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Tracey N. Seslen, 2001. "Neighborhood Wealth Distributions," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0116, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Zabel, Jeffrey E., 2004. "The demand for housing services," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 16-35, March.
- Gonzalez, Fidel & Leipnik, Mark & Mazumder, Diya, 2013. "How much are urban residents in Mexico willing to pay for cleaner air?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 354-379, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.