Option Pricing under GARCH models with Generalized Hyperbolic distribution (II) : Data and Results
AbstractIn this paper, we provide a new dynamic asset pricing model for plain vanilla options and we discuss its ability to produce minimum mispricing errors on equity option books. The data set is the daily log returns of the French CAC40 index, on the period January 2, 1988, October 26, 2007. Under the historical measure, we adjust, on this data set, an EGARCH model with Generalized Hyperbolic innovations. We have shown (Chorro, Guégan and Ielpo, 2008) that when the pricing kernel is an exponential affine function of the state variables, the risk neutral distribution is unique and implies again a Generalized Hyperbolic dynamic, with changed parameters. Thus, using this theoretical result associated to Monte Carlo simulations, we compare our approach to natural competitors in order to test its efficiency. More generally, our empirical investigations analyze the ability of specific parametric innovations to reproduce market prices in the context of the exponential affine specification of the stochastic discount factor.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00308687.
Date of creation: Jul 2008
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00308687
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Generalized Hyperbolic Distribution; Option pricing; Incomplete market; CAC40.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- CAC - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Charles R & Siegel, Andrew F, 1987. "Parsimonious Modeling of Yield Curves," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 473-89, October.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Jin-Chuan Duan & Jean-Guy Simonato, 1995. "Empirical Martingale Simulation for Asset Prices," CIRANO Working Papers 95s-43, CIRANO.
- Bertholon, H. & Monfort, A. & Pegoraro, F., 2007.
"Pricing and Inference with Mixtures of Conditionally Normal Processes,"
188, Banque de France.
- Henri Bertholon & Alain Monfort & Fulvio Pegoraro, 2006. "Pricing and Inference with Mixtures of Conditionally Normal Processes," Working Papers 2006-28, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Christophe Chorro & Dominique Guegan & Florian Ielpo, 2008. "Option Pricing under GARCH models with Generalized Hyperbolic innovations (I) : Methodology," Post-Print halshs-00281585, HAL.
- Christophe Chorro & Dominique Guegan & Florian Ielpo, 2008.
"Option Pricing under GARCH models with Generalized Hyperbolic innovations (I) : Methodology,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Christophe Chorro & Dominique Guegan & Florian Ielpo, 2008. "Option pricing under GARCH models with generalized hyperbolic innovations (I) : methodology," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08037, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Jin-Chuan Duan & Jean-Guy Simonato, 1998. "Empirical Martingale Simulation for Asset Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(9), pages 1218-1233, September.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Heston, Steve & Jacobs, Kris, 2006.
"Option valuation with conditional skewness,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 253-284.
- Jin-Chuan Duan, 1995. "The Garch Option Pricing Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 13-32.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.