Trade Creation and Trade Diversion : New Empirical Results
AbstractIn recent years, there has been a rise in the popularity of preferential trading arrangements (PTA), and an equally precipitous rise in the number of papers studying the effects of regionalism. In this paper we assess the effect of preferential trading arrangements on the aggregate and bilateral trading patterns of member countries, and test for three effects of PTAs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Purdue University, Krannert School of Management - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) in its series Papers with number 96-004.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Purdue University, Center for International Business Education and Research, Krannert Graduate School of Management, 1310 Krannert Building West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-1310.
Web page: http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
INTERNATIONAL TRADE ; TRADE ; TRADE AGREEMENTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michaël Freudenberg & Guillaume Gaulier & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 1998. "La régionalisation du commerce international: une évaluation par les intensités relatives bilatérales," Working Papers 1998-05, CEPII research center.
- Indira M. Hapsari & Carlos Mangunsong, 2006. "Determinants of AFTA Members’ Trade Flows and Potential for Trade Diversion," Working Papers 2106, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Magee, Christopher S.P., 2008. "New measures of trade creation and trade diversion," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 349-362, July.
- Siroën, Jean-Marc & Yücer, Aycil, 2012.
"The Impact of MERCOSUR on Trade of Brazilian States,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/7077, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jean-Marc Siroën & Aycil Yucer, 2012. "The impact of MERCOSUR on trade of Brazilian states," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 148(3), pages 553-582, September.
- Jean-Marc Siroën & Aycil Yucer, 2011. "The Impact of MERCOSUR on Trade of Brazilian States," Working Papers DT/2011/07, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Juliette Milgram, 2003. "Quantitative Restrictions on Clothing Imports: Impact and Determinants of the Common Trade Policy Towards Developing Countries," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2003/04, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Lionel Fontagne & Soledad Zignago, 2007. "A Re-evaluation of the Impact of Regional Agreements on Trade Patterns," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 109, pages 31-51.
- Muhammad, Kabeer & Yücer, Aycil, 2010. "Trade effects of Regional Trade Agreements : trade creation and trade diversion within the Western Hemisphere," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10626, Paris Dauphine University.
- Patrizia Tumbarello, 2007. "Are Regional Trade Agreements in Asia Stumbling or Building Blocks? Some Implications for the Mekong-3 Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Florian Mölders & Ulrich Volz, 2011. "Trade creation and the status of FTAs: empirical evidence from East Asia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 429-456, September.
- José Vicente Blanes Cristóbal & Juliette Milgram Baleix, 2006. "Impacto de la liberalización comercial de Marruecos y de la inmigración marroquí sobre las exportaciones de las CCAA españolas hacia Marruecos," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/14, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Park, Innwon & Park, Soonchan, 2008.
"Free Trade Agreements versus Customs Unions: An Examination of East Asia,"
11301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Innwon Park & Soonchan Park, 2009. "Free Trade Agreements versus Customs Unions: An Examination of East Asia," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 8(2), pages 119-139, June.
- Philippa Dee, 2005. "The Australia-US Free Trade Agreement: An Assessment," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 345, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2001.
"Effet frontière, intégration économique et "Forteresse Europe","
2001-06, CEPII research center.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2002. "Effet frontière, intégration économique et 'forteresse europe'," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- José V. Blanes & Juliette Milgram Baleix, 2006. "The Free Trade Agreement Morocco-EU: a simulation of the impact on EU exports," ThE Papers 06/09, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- José Vicente Blanes Cristóbal & Juliette Milgram Baleix, 2006. "The Free Trade Agreement Morocco-EU: A simulation of the impact on bilateral flows," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/23, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.