Responsibility and Redistribution: the Case of First Best Taxation
AbstractIn this paper, we suggerst that one plausible view is to keep us responsible for the parts of the consequences that are independent of the factors beyond our control. Within the framework of a first best taxation problem, we present and characterise a redistributive mechanism that both satisfies this interpretation of the ethics of reponsibility and the ethics of compenstaion within a broad class of economic environments.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration- in its series Papers with number 14/00.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: NORWEGIAN SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, HELLEVEIEN 30, 5035 BERGEN SANDVIKEN NORWAY.
Phone: 5595 9000
Fax: 5595 9100
Web page: http://www.nhh.no/
More information through EDIRC
DISTRIBUTION ; TAXATION ; ENVIRONMENT;
Other versions of this item:
- Bertil Tungodden, 2005. "Responsibility and redistribution: The case of first best taxation," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 33-44, 06.
- Bertil Tungodden, 2001. "Responsibility and Redistribution: The Case of First Best Taxation," CESifo Working Paper Series 545, CESifo Group Munich.
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sprumont, Yves, 1997.
"Balanced egalitarian redistribution of income,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 185-201, June.
- Sprumont, Y., 1995. "Balanced Egalitarian Redistribution of Income," Cahiers de recherche 9521, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Sprumont, Y., 1995. "Balanced Egalitarian Redistribution of Income," Cahiers de recherche 9521, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Fleurbaey Marc, 1995. "Three Solutions for the Compensation Problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 505-521, April.
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 1995. "Equal Opportunity or Equal Social Outcome?," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 25-55, April.
- Bossert W., 1996.
"Redistribution mechanisms based on individual characteristics,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 51-51, February.
- Bossert, Walter, 1995. "Redistribution mechanisms based on individual characteristics," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Bossert, W., 1993. "Redistribution Mechanisms Based on Individual Characteristics," Working Papers 9307, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Roemer, J.E., 1992. "A Pragmatic Theory of Responsibility for the Egalitarian Planner," Papers 391, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 1995. "Equality and responsibility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 683-689, April.
- Moulin, Herve & Sprumont, Yves, 2002.
"Responsibility and Cross-Subsidization in Cost Sharing,"
2002-05, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Moulin, Herve & Sprumont, Yves, 2006. "Responsibility and cross-subsidization in cost sharing," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 152-188, April.
- MOULIN, Hervé & SPRUMONT, Yves., 2002. "Responsibility and Cross-Subsidization in Cost Sharing," Cahiers de recherche 2002-19, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Luis José Blas Moreno Garrido & Ismael Rodríguez Lara, 2012.
"Modeling Inequity Aversion in a Dictator Game with Production,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2012-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ismael Rodriguez-Lara & Luis Moreno-Garrido, 2012. "Modeling Inequity Aversion in a Dictator Game with Production," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(4), pages 138-149, October.
- Devooght, Kurt, 2008. "To Each the Same and to Each his Own: A Proposal to Measure Responsibility-Sensitive Income Inequality," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/406259, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Cappelen, Alexander W. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2004.
15/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Cappelen , Alexander W. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2004.
"Local autonomy and interregional equality,"
24/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.