Moving the Escudo into the Euro
AbstractThe paper documents how the code of conduct implied by membership of the escudo in the Exchange Rate Mechanism of the Europan Monetary System (ERM) allowed Portugal to qualify for Economic and Monetary Union (EMU), ultimately moving the currency into the euro. This unwritten code of conduct reflects the conditions under which the ERM can be seen as a convergence instrument.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie in its series Papers with number 1999-14.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Chaire d'economie et d'econometrie de l'assurance; DELTA; CREST; PARIS, France.
CURRENCIES ; MONEY ; EXCHANGE RATE ; MONETARY UNION;
Other versions of this item:
- Braga de Macedo, Jorge & Catela Nunes, Luís & Covas, Francisco, 1999. "Moving the Escudo into the Euro," CEPR Discussion Papers 2248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Braga de Macedo, J. & Catela Nunes, L. & Covas, F., 1999. "Moving the escudo into the euro," DELTA Working Papers 1999-14, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamilton, James D. & Susmel, Raul, 1994.
"Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity and changes in regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 307-333.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to estimate Hamilton-Susmel Markov Switching ARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00083, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bliss,Christopher & De Macedo,Jorge Braga (ed.), 1990. "Unity with Diversity in the European Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521395205, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.