Unity with Diversity in the European Economy
AbstractThe enlargement that encompassed the accession of Greece in 1981 and of Spain and Portugal in 1986 significantly altered the balance of the European Community (EC), while the double shock of EC membership and 1992 could have driven the economies of the new members into depression or, equally, accelerate their modernisation. This important 1990 book from the Centre for Economic Policy Research examines theoretical issues in the integration of a diverse economic region and the combined impact of EC membership, financial integration and the single market programme on the joining countries. There is an introduction by the editors and a foreword by Michael Emerson and Richard Portes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521395205 and published in 1990.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henry Overman & Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001.
"The Economic Geography of Trade, Production, and Income: A Survey of Empirics,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0508, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Overman, Henry G. & Redding, Stephen J & Venables, Anthony J., 2001. "The Economic Geography of Trade Production and Income: A Survey of Empirics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2978, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Overman, Henry G. & Redding, Stephen & Venables, Anthony, 2003. "The economic geography of trade, production and income : a survey of empirics," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- William H. Branson & Jorge Braga de Macedo & Jurgen von Hagen, 1998. "Macroeconomic Policy and Institutions During the Transition to European Union Membership," NBER Working Papers 6555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Braga de Macedo, J. & Catela Nunes, L. & Covas, F., 1999.
"Moving the escudo into the euro,"
DELTA Working Papers
1999-14, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.