Cost Manipulation in Oligopoly: A Duality Approach
AbstractThis paper analyzes a class of two-stage Cournot games where firms are collusive in the first stage, and shows that oligopolists may have a strong incentive to redistribute resources (such as capital, pollution permits, etc) within the industry as a means of coordinating their output decision.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists) in its series ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica with number 174.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica Facultad de Ciencias Economicas Y Empresariales . Avenida Lehendakari Aguirre, 83. 48015 Bilbao. Spain
Phone: + 33 - 4 91 14 07 70
Fax: + 33 - 4 91 90 02 27
Web page: http://www.vcharite.univ-mrs.fr/ASSET/
More information through EDIRC
OLIGOPOLIES ; GAMES ; NATURAL RESOURCES;
Other versions of this item:
- Long, N.V. & Soubeyran, A., 1998. "Cost Manipulation in Oligopoly: A Duality Approach," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 98a22, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 1999.
"Cost Manipulation Games in Oligopoly, with Costs of Manipulating,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Long, Ngo Van & Soubeyran, Antoine, 2001. "Cost Manipulation Games in Oligopoly, with Costs of Manipulating," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(2), pages 505-33, May.
- Karl-Martin Ehrhart & Christian Hoppe & Ralf Löschel, 2008. "Abuse of EU Emissions Trading for Tacit Collusion," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(3), pages 347-361, November.
- Barros,P.P. & Nilssen,T., 1999.
"Industrial policy and firm heterogeneity,"
02/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & van Long, Ngo, 1998.
"Efficiency inducing taxation for polluting oligopolists,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 325-342, November.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 1997. "Efficiency Inducing Taxation for Polluting Oligopolists," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-21, CIRANO.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 1999. "Input Price Discrimination, Access Pricing, and Bypass," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-23, CIRANO.
- Ngo Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 2005.
"Selective penalization of polluters: an inf-convolution approach,"
Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 421-454, 02.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 2002. "Selective Penalization Of Polluters: An Inf-Convolution Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-40, CIRANO.
- Eftichios Sartzetakis, 2004. "On the Efficiency of Competitive Markets for Emission Permits," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 2001. "Emission Taxes and Standards for an Asymmetric Oligopoly," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-07, CIRANO.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 1998. "Collusive Allocation of Tradeable Pollution Permits," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-31, CIRANO.
- Antoine Soubeyran & Ngo Van Long, 2000. "Permis de pollution et oligopole asymétrique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 143(2), pages 83-89.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 2003. "Favoritism in Vertical Relationship: Input Prices and Access Quality," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-14, CIRANO.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 1998. "Pollution, Pigouvian Taxes, and Asymmetric International Oligopoly," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-30, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.