Institutional reform in the Burkinabè cotton sector and its impacts on incomes and food security: 1996-2006
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series IFPRI discussion papers with number 920.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
millions fed; food security; Cotton; Burkinabe; Reform; SOFITEX; CFDT;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-12-11 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-12-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-12-11 (Development)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2005. "A la recherche de l’insaisissable dynamique de pauvreté au Burkina Faso. Une nouvelle évidence empirique," Documents de travail 117, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Thomas, Alban, 2009. "Commodity Reform and Extensive Production Growth: Evidence from Burkinabè Cotton Farmers," TSE Working Papers 09-008, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Kherallah, Mylène & Delgado, Christopher L. & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minot, Nicholas & Johnson, Michael, 2002. "Reforming agricultural markets in Africa," Food policy statements 38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bezemer, Dirk & Headey, Derek, 2008.
"Agriculture, Development, and Urban Bias,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1342-1364, August.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Shaffer, James D. & Staatz, John M. & Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Improving the Impact of Market Reform on Agricultural Productivity in Africa: How Institutional Design Makes a Difference," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54684, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Tanguy Bernard & Alain De Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2010. "When Does Community Conservatism Constrain Village Organizations?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(4), pages 609-641, 07.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Collion, Marie-Hélène & de Janvry, Alain & Rondot, Pierre & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2008. "Do Village Organizations Make a Difference in African Rural Development? A Study for Senegal and Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2188-2204, November.
- Claire Delpeuch & Antoine Leblois, 2011. "Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866412, HAL.
- Claire Delpeuch & Antoine Leblois, 2011. "Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect," Working Papers hal-00866412, HAL.
- Headey, Derek & Malaiyandi, Sangeetha & Fan, Shenggen, 2009.
"Navigating the perfect storm: Reflections on the food, energy, and financial crises,"
IFPRI discussion papers
889, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Derek Headey & Sangeetha Malaiyandi & Shenggen Fan, 2010. "Navigating the perfect storm: reflections on the food, energy, and financial crises," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 217-228, November.
- Headey, Derek D. & Malaiyandi, Sangeetha & Fan, Shenggen, 2009. "Navigating the Perfect Storm: Reflections on the Food, Energy, and Financial Crises," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53212, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.