Institutional reform in the Burkinabè cotton sector and its impacts on incomes and food security: 1996-2006
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series IFPRI discussion papers with number 920.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
millions fed; food security; Cotton; Burkinabe; Reform; SOFITEX; CFDT;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-12-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-12-11 (Development)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bezemer, Dirk & Headey, Derek, 2008.
"Agriculture, Development, and Urban Bias,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1342-1364, August.
- Kherallah, Mylène & Delgado, Christopher L. & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minot, Nicholas & Johnson, Michael, 2002. "Reforming agricultural markets in Africa," Food policy statements 38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2005. "A la recherche de l’insaisissable dynamique de pauvreté au Burkina Faso. Une nouvelle évidence empirique," Documents de travail 117, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Collion, Marie-Hélène & de Janvry, Alain & Rondot, Pierre & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2008. "Do Village Organizations Make a Difference in African Rural Development? A Study for Senegal and Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2188-2204, November.
- Tanguy Bernard & Alain De Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2010. "When Does Community Conservatism Constrain Village Organizations?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(4), pages 609-641, 07.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Shaffer, James D. & Staatz, John M. & Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Improving the Impact of Market Reform on Agricultural Productivity in Africa: How Institutional Design Makes a Difference," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54684, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- R. Bingen, 1996. "Leaders, leadership, and democratization in West Africa: Observations from the cotton farmers movement in Mali," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 24-32, March.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Thomas, Alban, 2009. "Commodity Reform and Extensive Production Growth: Evidence from Burkinabè Cotton Farmers," TSE Working Papers 09-008, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Derek Headey & Sangeetha Malaiyandi & Shenggen Fan, 2010.
"Navigating the perfect storm: reflections on the food, energy, and financial crises,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 217-228, November.
- Headey, Derek D. & Malaiyandi, Sangeetha & Fan, Shenggen, 2009. "Navigating the Perfect Storm: Reflections on the Food, Energy, and Financial Crises," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53212, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Headey, Derek & Malaiyandi, Sangeetha & Fan, Shenggen, 2009. "Navigating the perfect storm: Reflections on the food, energy, and financial crises," IFPRI discussion papers 889, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:hal:ciredw:hal-00866412 is not listed on IDEAS
- Delpeuch, Claire & Leblois, Antoine, 2010.
"Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect,"
2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa
96174, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00866412 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.