Understanding the role of research in the evolution of fertilizer policies in Malawi:
AbstractThis study examines the role of research in agricultural policy making in Malawi at a time when the Africa Union and the New Partnership for Africaâ€™s Development have been seeking to promote greater evidenced-based decision making in agriculture. Drawing on both theory and actual past experiences documented in the literature, results are intended to improve our understanding of the extent to which research has played any role in influencing policy change in Malawi. This is done in the context of the evolution of the countryâ€™s fertilizer subsidy policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series IFPRI discussion papers with number 1266.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Policy process; Agricultural policy; Policy research; fertilizer; fertilizer policy; fertilizer subsidies; fertilizer subsidy;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-08-16 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-08-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-08-16 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-SPO-2013-08-16 (Sports & Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aberman, Noora-Lisa & Johnson, Michael E. & Droppelmann, Klaus & Schiffer, Eva & Birner, Regina & Gaff, Peter, 2012. "Mapping the contemporary fertilizer policy landscape in Malawi: a guide for policy researchers," IFPRI discussion papers 1204, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Birner, Regina & Resnick, Danielle, 2010. "The Political Economy of Policies for Smallholder Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1442-1452, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.