Food aid distribution in Bangladesh
Abstract"The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) conducted a comprehensive study of the efficiency of food distribution in food aid-supported programs in Bangladesh. The capacity and efficiency of the food distribution system was assessed from entry ports to targeted beneficiaries. The study identified problems in the whole food distribution system, determined the level of losses, leakages, and other lapses at various stages, and recommended solutions. The study has three components: (1) food discharge at harbors, (2) the public food distribution system, and (3) food distribution to program beneficiaries. This brief summarizes the main findings and a few of the many key recommendations of the third component of the study." from Text
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series FCND briefs with number 173.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Food aid ; Food distribution ; Leakage ;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Operational Models for Improving the Targeting Efficiency of Agricultural and Development Policies: A systematic comparison of different estimation methods using out-of-sample tests," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51454, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Lemma, Solomon, 2011. "Strategic grain reserves in Ethiopia: Institutional design and operational performance," IFPRI discussion papers 01054, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred & Alcaraz V., Gabriela & Schwarze, Stefan & Johannsen, Julia, 2007. "Proxy Means Tests for Targeting the Poorest Households -- Applications to Uganda," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7946, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Cummings Jr., Ralph & Gulati, Ashok, 2007. "Grain Marketing Parastatals in Asia: Results from Six Case Studies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1872-1888, November.
- Margaret Grosh & Carlo del Ninno & Emil Tesliuc & Azedine Ouerghi, 2008. "For Protection and Promotion : The Design and Implementation of Effective Safety Nets," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6582.
- Zeller, Manfred & Houssou, Nazaire & Alcaraz V., Gabriela & Schwarze, Stefan & Johannsen, Julia, 2006. "Developing Poverty Assessment Tools Based on Principal Component Analysis: Results from Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Uganda, and Peru," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25396, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chowdhury, Nuimuddin & Farid, Nasir & Roy, Devesh, 2006. "Food policy liberalization in Bangladesh: how the government and the markets delivered," MTID discussion papers 92, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rodríguez, Luis C. & Pascual, Unai & Muradian, Roldan & Pazmino, Nathalie & Whitten, Stuart, 2011. "Towards a unified scheme for environmental and social protection: Learning from PES and CCT experiences in developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2163-2174, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.