Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability
AbstractIn the ECB Financial Stability Review (December, 2005, p.131), it is stated bluntly that there is no obvious framework for summarising developments in financial stability in a single quantitative manner. This is, to say the least, a considerable disadvantage when attempting to analyse financial stability issues. As the same ECB Special Feature on `Measurement Challenges in Assessing Financial Stability`, put it, Financial stability assessment as currently practiced by central banks and international organisations probably compares with the way monetary policy assessment was practised by central banks three or four decades ago - before there was a widely accepted, rigorous framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Financial Markets Group in its series FMG Special Papers with number sp167.
Date of creation: May 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www2.lse.ac.uk/fmg/
Other versions of this item:
- O. Aspachs & C. Goodhart & M. Segoviano & D. Tsomocos & L. Zicchino, 2006. "Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability," OFRC Working Papers Series 2006fe09, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Dimitrios P Tsomocos & O. AspachsC. GoodhartM. SegovianoL. Zicchino, 2006. "Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability," Economics Series Working Papers 2006-FE-09, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2006-06-24 (Business Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-06-24 (Financial Markets)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel Ángel Morales M., 2011.
"Concentración y Estabilidad Financiera: el Caso del Sistema Bancario Colombiano,"
009250, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Miguel Ángel Morales Mosquera, . "Concentración y estabilidad financiero: el caso del sistema bancario colombiano," Temas de Estabilidad Financiera 058, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Blaise Gadanecz & Kaushik Jayaram, 2009. "Measures of financial stability - a review," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Measuring financial innovation and its impact", Basel, 26-27 August 2008, volume 31, pages 365-380 Bank for International Settlements.
- Dairo Estrada & Miguel Ángel Morales Mosquera, . "Indice de Estabilidad Financiera para Colombia," Temas de Estabilidad Financiera 038, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jan Willem van den End, 2008.
"Liquidity Stress-Tester: A macro model for stress-testing banks' liquidity risk,"
DNB Working Papers
175, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jan Willem van den End, 2010. "Liquidity Stress-Tester: A Model for Stress-testing Banks' Liquidity Risk," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 56(1), pages 38-69, March.
- Goodhart, C.A.E. & Sunirand, P. & Tsomocos, D.P., 2011.
"The optimal monetary instrument for prudential purposes,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 70-77, June.
- C.A.E. Goodhart & P. Sunirand & D.P. Tsomocos, 2008. "The Optimal Monetary Instrument for Prudential Purposes," OFRC Working Papers Series 2008fe26, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Charles Goodhart & Dimitrios Tsomocos & Pojanart Sunirand, 2008. "The Optimal Monetary Instrument for Prudential Purposes," FMG Discussion Papers dp617, Financial Markets Group.
- C. A. E. Goodhart & Miguel A. Segoviano Basurto, 2009. "Banking Stability Measures," IMF Working Papers 09/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Eric Wong & Cho-Hoi Hui, 2009. "A Liquidity Risk Stress-Testing Framework with Interaction between Market and Credit Risks," Working Papers 0906, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Miguel Morales & Dairo Estrada, 2010. "A financial stability index for Colombia," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 555-581, October.
- Mark Swinburne & StÃ©phanie Marie Stolz & Marina Moretti, 2008. "Stress Testing at the IMF," IMF Working Papers 08/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 2011. "Defining Financial Stability and Establishing a Framework to Safeguard It," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Rodrigo Alfaro (ed.), Financial Stability, Monetary Policy, and Central Banking, edition 1, volume 15, chapter 3, pages 029-062 Central Bank of Chile.
- Miguel A. Segoviano & Charles A.E. Goodhart, 2011. "Distress Dependence and Financial Stability," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Rodrigo Alfaro (ed.), Financial Stability, Monetary Policy, and Central Banking, edition 1, volume 15, chapter 11, pages 327-370 Central Bank of Chile.
- Jaume Puig & Ken Miyajima & Rebecca McCaughrin & Peter Dattels, 2010. "Can You Map Global Financial Stability?," IMF Working Papers 10/145, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.