Entrepreneurial Attitudes Versus Entrepreneurial Activities (GEM)
AbstractThe Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) investigates early-stage entrepreneurial activity and entrepreneurial framework conditions in an international perspective. The present report investigates the level and development of early-stage entrepreneurial activity in the Netherlands, in global and OECD perspective. Attitudes towards entrepreneurship and characteristics of Dutch individuals involved in early-stage entrepreneurial activities are also assessed. We find that despite all efforts made in the past two decades to stimulate entrepreneurship in the Netherlands, the numbers of start-up efforts are quite low in international perspective, although attitudes to entrepreneurship are positive. In this 2003 GEM study special attention is paid to Dutch informal investments. Similar to the level of early-stage entrepreneurial activity, the informal market in the Netherlands appears to be poorly developed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EIM Business and Policy Research in its series Scales Research Reports with number A200316.
Length: 58 pages
Date of creation: 22 Apr 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 7001, 2701 AA Zoetermeer
Phone: (+31) 79 341 36 34
Fax: (+31) 79 341 50 24
Web page: http://www.entrepreneurship-sme.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Gelderen & Roy Thurik & Niels Bosma, 2005.
"Success and Risk Factors in the Pre-Startup Phase,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 365-380, 05.
- Niels Bosma & Sander Wennekers, 2002. "Entrepreneurship Under Pressure," Scales Research Reports A200205, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Niels Bosma & Mirjam van Praag & Roy Thurik & Gerrit de Wit, 2002.
"The Value of Human and Social Capital Investments for the Business Performance of Start-ups,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
02-027/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Niels Bosma & Mirjam van Praag & Roy Thurik & Gerrit de Wit, 2004. "The Value of Human and Social Capital Investments for the Business Performance of Startups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 227-236, October.
- Gerrit de Wit & Niels Bosma & Roy Thurik & Mirjam van Praag, 2002. "The Value of Human and Social Capital Investments for the Business Performance of Startups," Scales Research Reports N200204, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
- Niels Bosma & Kashifa Suddle & Veronique Schutjens, 2008. "Whither a flat ladscape? Regional differences in Entrepreneurship in the Netherlands," Scales Research Reports H200805, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Sander Wennekers & Jolanda Hessels & Chantal Hartog, 2009. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2008 The Netherlands," Scales Research Reports A200914, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin & Schmidt, Claudia, 2006. "Own-account workers in Europe: Flexible, mobile, and often inadequately insured," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2006-122, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- André van Stel & Sander Wennekers & Jolanda Hessels & Chantal Hartog, 2011. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2010 The Netherlands," Scales Research Reports A201108, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Meijaard, Joris & Stam, Erik, 2005. "Renascent Men or Entrepreneurship as a One-Night Stand: Entrepreneurial Intentions Subsequent to Firm Exit," CEPR Discussion Papers 5342, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster EIM).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.