Entrepreneurship Under Pressure
AbstractWorldwide, less favourable business cycles caused a 25% decline in start-up entrepreneurship, as revealed by the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2002, a project in which EIM participated as well. As for The Netherlands, declining entrepreneurship levels were not caused by fading intentions to start up business. Nevertheless, compared to 2001, significantly less people were inclined to set up a business in 2002, implying increased difficulties to set up an enterprise; i.e., the business climate seemed to be a trial for innovative start-ups in particular. The above is revealed in 'Entrepreneurship under Pressure', a research report by EIM covering The Netherlands in the framework of the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2002.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EIM Business and Policy Research in its series Scales Research Reports with number A200205.
Length: 54 pages
Date of creation: 06 Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 7001, 2701 AA Zoetermeer
Phone: (+31) 79 341 36 34
Fax: (+31) 79 341 50 24
Web page: http://www.entrepreneurship-sme.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niels Bosma & Mirjam van Praag & Roy Thurik & Gerrit de Wit, 2002.
"The Value of Human and Social Capital Investments for the Business Performance of Start-ups,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
02-027/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Niels Bosma & Mirjam van Praag & Roy Thurik & Gerrit de Wit, 2004. "The Value of Human and Social Capital Investments for the Business Performance of Startups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 227-236, October.
- Gerrit de Wit & Niels Bosma & Roy Thurik & Mirjam van Praag, 2002. "The Value of Human and Social Capital Investments for the Business Performance of Startups," Scales Research Reports N200204, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
- Hulbert, Bev & Gilmore, Audrey & Carson, David, 2013. "Sources of opportunities used by growth minded owner managers of small and medium sized enterprises," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 293-303.
- Niels Bosma & Veronique Schutjens, 2011. "Understanding regional variation in entrepreneurial activity and entrepreneurial attitude in Europe," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 711-742, December.
- Niels Bosma & Sander Wennekers, 2004. "Entrepreneurial Attitudes Versus Entrepreneurial Activities (GEM)," Scales Research Reports A200316, EIM Business and Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster EIM).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.