SRI Analysis and Asset Management: Independent or Convergent? A Field Study on the French Market
AbstractThis article analyzes how the actual and expected future activities of French Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) analysts may reveal a convergence process between SRI decisions and traditional financial investment decisions, that is a form of “mainstreaming” of SRI processes, by asking the SRI analysts themselves how their work has evolved and how they perceive their positioning in the asset management sector. We present the results of a field survey on the composition and activities of French SRI analysts’ teams of large institutional investors and asset managers in France in 2009. We show that the convergence towards the mainstream financial analysts seems to be clearly engaged. However, the SRI domain is still emerging and remains very fragmented leading to a wide heterogeneity of practices and positioning in the respective organizations. This is interpreted as a clear sign of a transition phase.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School in its series ESSEC Working Papers with number DR 10006.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2010
Date of revision:
Field survey; French Asset; Management industry; Mainstreaming; Socially Responsible Investments (SRI);
Other versions of this item:
- Patricia Crifo & Nicolas Mottis, 2010. "SRI analysis and asset management : independent or convergent ? : A field study on the French market," Post-Print hal-00572379, HAL.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Social Responsibility
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-15 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- André Fourçans & Jonathan Benchimol, 2009.
"Money in a DSGE framework with an application to the Euro Zone,"
- Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André, 2012. "Money and risk in a DSGE framework: A Bayesian application to the Eurozone," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 95-111.
- Jonathan Benchimol & André Fourçans, 2010. "Money and risk aversion in a DSGE framework: a Bayesian application to the Euro zone," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00800082, HAL.
- Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André, 2009. "Money in a DSGE framework with an application to the Euro Zone," ESSEC Working Papers DR 09005, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André, 2010. "Money and Risk Aversion in a DSGE Framework: A Bayesian Application to the Euro Zone," ESSEC Working Papers DR 10005, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Jonathan Benchimol & André Fourçans, 2010. "Money and risk aversion in a DSGE framework : a bayesian application to the euro zone," Post-Print hal-00572374, HAL.
- Batista, Catia & Potin, Jacques, 2008. "International Specialization and the Return to Capital, 1976-2000," ESSEC Working Papers DR 08001, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Vranceanu, Radu & Laot, Maxime & Dubart, Delphine, 2010.
"Une échelle de mesure de la connaissance en raisonnement économique et résultats d'une enquête menée en décembre 2009,"
ESSEC Working Papers
DR 10001, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Radu Vranceanu & Delphine Dubart & Maxime Laot, 2010. "Une échelle de mesure de la connaissance en raisonnement économique et résultats d'une enquête menée en décembre 2009," Post-Print hal-00542948, HAL.
- Batista, Catia & Potin, Jacques, 2006. "Stages of Diversification and Capital Accumulation in an Heckscher-Ohlin World, 1975-1995," ESSEC Working Papers DR 06008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Radu Vranceanu & Angela Sutan & Delphine Dubart, 2011.
"Trust and financial trades : lessons from an investment game wher reciprocators can hide behind probabilities,"
- Vranceanu, Radu & Sutan, Angela & Dubart, Delphine, 2010. "Trust and Financial Trades: Lessons from an Investment Game Where Reciprocators Can Hide Behind Probabilities," ESSEC Working Papers DR 10007, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2013.
"Think Global, Invest Responsible: Why the Private Equity Industry Goes Green,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 21-48, August.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2012. "Think Global, invest responsible: why the private equity industry goes green," Working Papers hal-00672034, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sophie Magnanou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.