The Z-Transform Method for Multidimensional Dynamic Economic Systems
AbstractThis paper uses the Z-transform to develop a method for solving the linearized multidimensional discrete-time systems, which can be used to discuss the e¡èects of policies on economy (including the welfare gains and initial e¡èects on economy) raised by multi-sector perfect-foresight-discrete-time models. Our method is not restricted on the dimension of the dynamic system, and it cannot only analyze the effect of permanent policy change on the economy, but also it can be used to analyze the e¡èect of temporal policy change on the economy. As an application example, we analyze the effects of fiscal policy on the initial economy and social welfare in the discrete-time Uzawa-Lucas model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics in its series CEMA Working Papers with number 532.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Z-transform; Steady-state comparisons; Multi-sector model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ortigueira, Salvador, 1998.
"Fiscal policy in an endogenous growth model with human capital accumulation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 323-355, July.
- Salvador Ortigueira, 1996. "Fiscal Policy in an Endogenous Growth Model with Human Capital Accumulation," Working Papers 9609, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Meijdam, A.C. & Verhoeven, M.J.M., 1994.
"Comparative dynamics in perfect-foresight models,"
Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research
1994-73, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992.
"Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mulligan, Casey B & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1993. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-73, August.
- Mulligan, C.B. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," Papers, Yale - Economic Growth Center 651, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
- Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E & Rossi, Peter E, 1993. "Optimal Taxation in Models of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 485-517, June.
- Xiaoyong, Cui & Gong, Liutang, 2006. "Laplace transform methods for linearizing multidimensional systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 176-182, February.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 2003. "Macroeconomic Priorities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1981.
"The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 468-96, June.
- Christophe Chamley, 1980. "The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 553, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1982. "An alternative to steady-state comparisons in perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 55-59.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.