Tax evasion and the optimal inflation tax
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 55 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- V.V. Chari & Lawrence J. Christiano & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1993.
"Optimality of the Friedman rule in economies with distorting taxes,"
158, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Chari, V. V. & Christiano, Lawrence J. & Kehoe, Patrick J., 1996. "Optimality of the Friedman rule in economies with distorting taxes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 203-223, April.
- V. V. Chari & Lawrence J. Christiano & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1993. "Optimality of the Friedman Rule in Economies with Distorting Taxes," NBER Working Papers 4443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1982.
"Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in an Economy Without Capital,"
532, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1983. "Optimal fiscal and monetary policy in an economy without capital," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-93.
- Christophe Chamley, 1980.
"The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
553, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1981. "The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 468-96, June.
- Woodford, Michael, 1990. "The optimum quantity of money," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1067-1152 Elsevier.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Supply-Side Economics: An Analytical Review," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 293-316, April.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & David K. Levine & Michael Woodford, 1990.
"The optimum quantity of money revisited,"
404, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E & Rossi, Peter E, 1993. "Optimal Taxation in Models of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 485-517, June.
- Isabel Correia & Pedro Teles, 1997.
"The optimal inflation tax,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
123, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Battilossi, Stefano, .
"Capital mobility and financial repression in Italy, 1960-1990 : a public finance perspective,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/402, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Stefano Battilossi, 2003. "Capital Mobility And Financial Repression In Italy, 1960-1990: A Public Finance Perspective," Working Papers in Economic History wh030602, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- Ahiabu, Stephen, 2006. "Inflation and the underground economy," MPRA Paper 763, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2006.
- Alexandre B. Cunha, 2005.
"The Optimality of the Friedman Rule When Some Distorting Taxes Are Exogenous,"
IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers
2005-06, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Alexandre Cunha, 2008. "The optimality of the Friedman rule when some distorting taxes are exogenous," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 267-291, May.
- Alexandre B. Cunha, 2006. "The Optimality Of The Friedman Rule When Some Distorting Taxes Are Exogenous," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 45, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Arbex, Marcelo & Turdaliev, Nurlan, 2011. "Optimal monetary and audit policy with imperfect taxation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 327-340, June.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2010.
"The Optimal Rate of Inflation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7864, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koreshkova, Tatyana A., 2006. "A quantitative analysis of inflation as a tax on the underground economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 773-796, May.
- Pinar Yesin, 2004. "Tax Collection Costs, Tax Evasion and Optimal Interest Rates," Working Papers 04.02, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Battilossi, Stefano, . "The Second Reversal: The ebb and flow of financial repression in Western Europe, 1960-91," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/5537, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Pinar Ayse Yesin, 2006. "Financing Government Expenditures Optimally," Working Papers 06.01, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Caballe, Jordi & Panades, Judith, 2004. "Inflation, tax evasion, and the distribution of consumption," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 567-595, December.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis & Mutascu, Mihai, 2013. "Shadow economy and tax revenue in Africa," MPRA Paper 50812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexei Deviatov & Neil Wallace, 2010. "Interest on Cash with Endogenous Fiscal Policy," Working Papers 2010-012, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Aloys Prinz & Hanno Beck, 2012. "In the Shadow of Public Debt: Are there Relations between Public Debt and the Shadow Economy?," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 42(2), pages 221-236, September.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2012. "On quality bias and inflation targets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 393-400.
- De Fiore, Fiorella, 2000. "The optimal inflation tax when taxes are costly to collect," Working Paper Series 0038, European Central Bank.
- Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Taxation of Financial Intermediation : Theory and Practice for Emerging Economines," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15122.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.