Asset pricing and the Modigliani-Miller theorem with the spirit of capitalism
AbstractThis paper investigates a equilibrium theory of capital asset pricing with the spirit of capitalism. It is an attempt to put together ideas from the modern finance literature and the literature on stochastic growth models. Using methods adopted in Brock (1982), an equivalent characterization of equilibrium by first-order conditions for optimal growth is investigated. We also consider the Modigliani-Miller theorem with the spirit of capitalism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics in its series CEMA Working Papers with number 456.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Spirit of capitalism; equilibrium; Optimal growth; Social-status;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heng-fu Zou, 1995.
"The spirit of capitalism and savings behavior,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 131-143, September.
- Heng-fu Zou, 1995.
"'The spirit of capitalism' and long-run growth,"
CEMA Working Papers
94, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Brock, William A., 1980.
"Asset Prices in a Production Economy,"
275, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Francis, Johanna L., 2007.
"Wealth and the Capitalist Spirit,"
5985, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Altug,Sumru & Labadie,Pamela, 2008.
"Asset Pricing for Dynamic Economies,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521699143.
- Miller, Merton H, 1977. "Debt and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 261-75, May.
- Karnizova, Lilia, 2010.
"The spirit of capitalism and expectation-driven business cycles,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 739-752, September.
- Lilia Karnizova, 2008. "The Spirit of Capitalism and Expectation Driven Business Cycles," Working Papers 0804E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-45, November.
- Cole, Harold L & Mailath, George J & Postlewaite, Andrew, 1992. "Social Norms, Savings Behavior, and Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1092-1125, December.
- Larry Samuelson, 2004. "Information-Based Relative Consumption Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 93-118, 01.
- Brock, William A & Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1981. "The Analysis of Macroeconomic Policies in Perfect Foresight Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(1), pages 179-209, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.