Interstate Water Trading: a 2-year Review
AbstractThis report provides the Murray-Darling Basin Commission with its first two-year review of the interstate water trading trial. The approach taken for the review involved analysis of the Commission's register of trading arrangements, examination of the associated filing systems and records, several focus group meetings and a survey of buyers, sellers and brokers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Policy and Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia in its series Natural Resource Management Economics with number 00_001.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Policy & Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, PMB2, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064
Web page: http://www.clw.csiro.au/research/peru/
More information through EDIRC
Australia; river; water trading; Murray-Darling;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bell, Stephen & Quiggin, John, 2006.
"The Metagovernance of Markets: The Politics of Water Management in Australia,"
Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers
149862, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Stephen Bell & John Quiggin, . "The Metagovernance of Markets: The Politics of Water Management in Australia," Murray-Darling Program Working Papers WP6M06, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- M Ejaz Qureshi & Tian Shi & Sumaira Qureshi & Wendy Proctor & Mac Kirby, 2009. "Removing Barriers to Facilitate Efficient Water Markets in the Murray Darling Basin – A Case Study from Australia," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2009-02, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Bell, Rosalyn, 2002. "Capturing benefits from water entitlement trade in salinity affected areas: A role for trading houses?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), September.
- Basil Sharp, 2002. "Institutions and Decision Making for Sustainable Development," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/20, New Zealand Treasury.
- Mike Young & Jim McColl, 2002. "Robust Separation:A search for a generic framework to simplify registration and trading of interests in natural resources," Natural Resource Management Economics 02_004, Policy and Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia.
- Anonymous, 2003. "Water Rights Arrangements in Australia and Overseas," Commission Research Papers 31899, Productivity Commission.
- Heather Roper & Chris Sayers & Andrew Smith, 2006. "Stranded Irrigation Assets," Staff Working Papers 0605, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Productivity Commission, 2004. "Water Rights Arrangements in Australia and Overseas," Others 0402002, EconWPA.
- Bjornlund, Henning, 2003. "Farmer participation in markets for temporary and permanent water in southeastern Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 57-76, November.
- Young, Mike, 2009. "Book Review," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), December.
- Bell, Rosalyn & Blias, Athena, 2002. "Capturing benefits from the removal of impediments to water trade: a modelling framework," 2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra 125059, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Sanderson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.