Les firmes françaises dans le commerce de services
AbstractThis paper is the first to use the Banque de France database on firm-level exports and imports of services. We first show that firms trading services are bigger, more productive and pay higher wages than the purely domestic ones. Second, exports are very concentrated among a few numbers of firms. Finally, firms from the service sector are two to five times smaller than the industrial firms which trade services. We end up with an econometric estimation Ã la Bernard and Jensen (2004) where we show that previous export of both goods and services is an important determinant of present exports of services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CEPREMAP in its series CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) with number 1008.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Damijan, Joe & Haller, Stefanie A. & Kaitila, Ville & Maliranta, Mika & Milet, Emmanuel & Rojec, Matija & Mirza, Daniel, 2012. "The performance of trading firms in the services sectors Comparable evidence from four EU countries," Discussion Papers 1284, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Damien Broussolle, 2012.
"A note on the links between manufacturing, goods and services exports,"
Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center
2012-09, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Broussolle Damien, 2012. "A Note on the Links Between Manufacturing, Goods and Services Exports," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(Special N), pages 600-620, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sébastien Villemot).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.