The Voting Mechanism and Market Allocation : A Note
AbstractAn example is provided identifying a case of inefficiency arising from the interplay of the voting mechanism and the market mechanism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1995017.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Van Ypersele, Tanguy, 1996. "The voting mechanism and market allocation: A note," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 723-727, December.
- Gabszewicz, J. J. & Van Ypersele, T., . "The voting mechanism and market allocation: a note," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1262, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1984. "Endogenous Tariff Formation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 970-85, December.
- repec:ner:louvai:info:hdl:2078.1/47505 is not listed on IDEAS
- GABSZEWICZ, J. J. & van YPERSELE, T., .
"Social protection and political competition,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1230, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.