Hedging Alternatives for the Mortgage Stabilization Fund (FRENCH): European Cap Options for the Real Interest Rate
AbstractThe World Bank has proposed an alternative hedging instrument to be offered by the FRECH, instead of the collar-swap currently available. The suggested derivative corresponds to a European Cap option for the real interest rate, which could give greater flexibility to the hedging mechanism, allowing it to be tailored for the specific needs of each Colombian Mortgage Bank (BECH). This paper finds the value of this derivative and analyses the critiques that have been made about the pricing of the collar-swap.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA in its series BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA with number 002786.
Date of creation: 30 Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Diego Vásquez & Camilo Zea, . "Hedging Alternatives for the Mortgage Stabilization Fund (FRECH) European Cap Options for the Real Interest Rate," Borradores de Economia 265, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando Melo, 2002.
"Estimación de la Estructura a Plazo de las Tasas de Interés en Colombia,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002594, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando melo & Diego Mauricio Vásquez, . "Estimación de la Estructura a Plazo de las Tasas de Interés en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 196, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Norma Judith Paternina).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.