NHS input and productivity growth 2003/4 - 2007/8
AbstractProductivity growth is measured by comparing the rate of output growth with the rate of input growth. In an earlier report we calculated output growth in the English NHS for the period 2003/4 to 2006/7 (Castelli et al., 2008). This report concentrates on input growth, detailing methods and calculating growth from 2003/4 to 2007/8.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Health Economics, University of York in its series Working Papers with number 047cherp.
Length: 42 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2009
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicholas Oulton & Sylaja Srinivasan, 2003. "Capital stocks, capital services, and depreciation: an integrated framework," Bank of England working papers 192, Bank of England.
- Adriana Castelli & Mauro Laudicella & Andrew Street, 2008. "Measuring NHS Output Growth," Working Papers 043cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Stephen D. Oliner, 1993.
"New evidence on the retirement and depreciation of machine tools,"
Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section
147, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Oliner, Stephen D, 1996. "New Evidence on the Retirement and Depreciation of Machine Tools," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 57-77, January.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2005.
"Ex Post Versus Ex Ante Measures of the User Cost of Capital,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0698, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2007. "Ex Post Versus Ex Ante Measures Of The User Cost Of Capital," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(2), pages 295-317, 06.
- Mary OMahony & Philip Stevens & Lucy Stokes & Pete Loveridge, 2005.
"Developing new approaches to measuring NHS outputs and productivity,"
NIESR Discussion Papers
264, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Diane Dawson & Hugh Gravelle & Mary O'Mahony & Andrew Street & Martin Weale & Adriana Castelli & Rowena Jacobs & Paul Kind & Pete Loveridge & Stephen Martin & Philip Stevens & Lucy Stokes, 2005. "Developing new approaches to measuring NHS outputs and productivity," Working Papers 006cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York, revised Dec 2005.
- Chris Bojke & Adriana Castelli & Mauro Laudicella & Andrew Street & Padraic Ward, 2010.
"Regional variation in the productivity of the English National Health Service,"
057cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Chris Bojke & Adriana Castelli & Andrew Street & Padraic Ward & Mauro Laudicella, 2013. "Regional Variation In The Productivity Of The English National Health Service," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 194-211, 02.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frances Sharp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.