ON ADMISSIBLE STRATEGIES IN ROBUST UTILITY MAXIMIZATION (Forthcoming in "Mathematics and Financial Economics")
AbstractThe existence of optimal strategy in robust utility maximization is addressed when the utility function is finite on the entire real line. A delicate problem in this case is to find a ggood definitionh of admissible strategies to obtain an optimizer. Under certain assumptions, especially a time-consistency property of the set ‚o of probabilities which describes the model uncertainty, we show that an optimal strategy is obtained in the class of those whose wealths are supermartingales under all local martingale measures having a finite generalized entropy with one of P ¸ ‚o.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo in its series CARF F-Series with number CARF-F-257.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIC-2012-04-03 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2012-04-03 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
- Thomas Goll & Ludger Rüschendorf, 2001. "Minimax and minimal distance martingale measures and their relationship to portfolio optimization," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 557-581.
- Keita Owari, 2011.
"A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment,"
Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 89-103, March.
- Keita Owari, 2009. "A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-091, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal investments for risk- and ambiguity-averse preferences: a duality approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Schied Alexander & Wu Ching-Tang, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 23(3/2005), pages 199-217, March.
- Keita Owari, 2011. "Duality in Robust Utility Maximization with Unbounded Claim via a Robust Extension of Rockafellar's Theorem," Papers 1101.2968, arXiv.org.
- Sara Biagini & Marco Frittelli, 2007. "The supermartingale property of the optimal wealth process for general semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 253-266, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.