Robust Optimal Control for a Consumption-investment Problem
AbstractWe give an explicit PDE characterization for the solution of the problem of maximizing the utility of both terminal wealth and intertemporal consumption under model uncertainty. The underlying market model consists of a risky asset, whose volatility and long-term trend are driven by an external stochastic factor process. The robust utility functional is defined in terms of a HARA utility function with risk aversion parameter 0
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2007-026.
Date of creation: May 2007
Date of revision:
Optimal Consumption; Robust Control; Model Uncertainty; Incomplete Markets; Stochastic Volatility; Coherent Risk Measures; Convex Duality;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2007-05-26 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-UPT-2007-05-26 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Hernandez–Hernandez & Alexander Schied, 2005. "Robust Utility Maximization in a Stochastic Factor Model," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2006.
- Denis Talay & Ziyu Zheng, 2002. "Worst case model risk management," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 517-537.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal investments for risk- and ambiguity-averse preferences: a duality approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Daniel Hernandez–Hernandez & Alexander Schied, 2006. "A Control Approach to Robust Utility Maximization with Logarithmic Utility and Time-Consistent Penalties," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-061, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Anne Gundel, 2005. "Robust utility maximization for complete and incomplete market models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 151-176, 04.
- Alexander Schied, 2005. "Optimal Investments for Risk- and Ambiguity-Averse Preferences: A Duality Approach," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-051, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2006.
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
- Thomas Knispel, 2012. "Asymptotics of robust utility maximization," Papers 1203.1191, arXiv.org.
- Volodymyr Perederiy, 2007. "Kombinierte Liquiditäts- und Solvenzkennzahlen und ein darauf basierendes Insolvenzprognosemodell für deutsche GmbHs," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-060, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.