On Admissible Strategies in Robust Utility Maximization
AbstractThe existence of optimal strategy in robust utility maximization is addressed when the utility function is finite on the entire real line. A delicate problem in this case is to find a "good definition" of admissible strategies, so that an optimizer is obtained. Under suitable assumptions, especially a time-consistency property of the set of probabilities which describes the model uncertainty, we show that an optimal strategy is obtained in the class of strategies whose wealths are supermartingales under all local martingale measures having a finite generalized entropy with at least one of candidate models (probabilities).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1109.5512.
Date of creation: Sep 2011
Date of revision: Mar 2012
Publication status: Published in Mathematics and Financial Economics, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 77-92, 2012
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIC-2011-10-09 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2011-10-09 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keita Owari, 2011.
"A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment,"
Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 89-103, March.
- Keita Owari, 2009. "A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-091, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Thomas Goll & Ludger Rüschendorf, 2001. "Minimax and minimal distance martingale measures and their relationship to portfolio optimization," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 557-581.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal investments for risk- and ambiguity-averse preferences: a duality approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Keita Owari, 2011. "Duality in Robust Utility Maximization with Unbounded Claim via a Robust Extension of Rockafellar's Theorem," Papers 1101.2968, arXiv.org.
- Sara Biagini & Marco Frittelli, 2007. "The supermartingale property of the optimal wealth process for general semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 253-266, April.
- Yuri M. Kabanov & Christophe Stricker, 2002. "On the optimal portfolio for the exponential utility maximization: remarks to the six-author paper," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 125-134.
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
- Keita Owari, 2013.
"A Robust Version of Convex Integral Functionals,"
CARF-F-319, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.