A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment
AbstractThis paper addresses the applicability of the convex duality method for utility maximization, in the presence of random endowment. When the price process is a locally bounded semimartingale, we show that the fundamental duality relation holds true, for a wide class of utility functions and unbounded random endowments. We show this duality by exploiting Rockafellar's theorem on integral functionals, to a random utility function.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Asia-Pacific Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102851
Utility maximization; Convex duality method; Martingale measures;
Other versions of this item:
- Keita Owari, 2009. "A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-091, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becherer, Dirk, 2003. "Rational hedging and valuation of integrated risks under constant absolute risk aversion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-28, August.
- He, Hua & Pearson, Neil D., 1991.
"Consumption and portfolio policies with incomplete markets and short-sale constraints: The infinite dimensional case,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 259-304, August.
- Hua He & Neil D. Pearson, 1991. "Consumption and Portfolio Policies With Incomplete Markets and Short-Sale Constraints: the Finite-Dimensional Case," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(3), pages 1-10.
- Hua He and Neil D. Pearson., 1989. "Consumption and Portfolio Policies with Incomplete Markets and Short-Sale Constraints: The Finite Dimensional Case," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-189, University of California at Berkeley.
- Hua He and Neil D. Pearson., 1989. "Consumption and Portfolio Policies with Incomplete Markets and Short-Sale Constraints: The Infinite Dimensional Case," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-191, University of California at Berkeley.
- (**), Hui Wang & Jaksa Cvitanic & (*), Walter Schachermayer, 2001. "Utility maximization in incomplete markets with random endowment," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 259-272.
- Julien Hugonnier & Dmitry Kramkov & Walter Schachermayer, 2005. "On Utility-Based Pricing Of Contingent Claims In Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 203-212.
- Julien Hugonnier & Dmitry Kramkov, 2004. "Optimal investment with random endowments in incomplete markets," Papers math/0405293, arXiv.org.
- Keita Owari, 2010.
"Robust Exponential Hedging And Indifference Valuation,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(07), pages 1075-1101.
- Owari, Keita, 2008. "Robust Exponential Hedging and Indifference Valuation," Discussion Papers 2008-09, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yuri M. Kabanov & Christophe Stricker, 2002. "On the optimal portfolio for the exponential utility maximization: remarks to the six-author paper," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 125-134.
- Mark P. Owen & Gordan Žitković, 2009. "Optimal Investment With An Unbounded Random Endowment And Utility-Based Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 129-159.
- Keita Owari, 2011. "On Admissible Strategies in Robust Utility Maximization," Papers 1109.5512, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2012.
- Keita Owari, 2013.
"A Robust Version of Convex Integral Functionals,"
CARF-F-319, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Keita Owari, 2011. "ON ADMISSIBLE STRATEGIES IN ROBUST UTILITY MAXIMIZATION (Forthcoming in "Mathematics and Financial Economics")," CARF F-Series CARF-F-257, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.