Comparative risk aversion when the outcomes are vectors
AbstractPratt (1964) and Yaari (1969) contain the classical results pertaining to the equivalence of various notions of comparative risk aversion of von Neumann-Morgenstern utilities in the setting with real-valued outcomes. Some of these results have been extended to the setting with outcomes in
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its series Working papers with number 149.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-10-07 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-UPT-2006-10-07 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karni, Edi, 1989. "Generalized Expected Utility Analysis of Multivariate Risk Aversion," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 297-305, May.
- Spence, Michael & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1972. "The Effect of the Timing of Consumption Decisions and the Resolution of Lotteries on the Choice of Lotteries," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(2), pages 401-03, March.
- Duncan, George T, 1977. "A Matrix Measure of Multivariate Local Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 895-903, May.
- Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben, 1992. "Many good risks: An interpretation of multivariate risk and risk aversion without the Independence axiom," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 338-351, April.
- Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben, 1992. "Many good choice Axioms: When can many-good lotteries be treated as money lotteries?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 313-337, April.
- Peters, H. J. M. & Wakker, P. P., 1986. "Convex functions on non-convex domains," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(2-3), pages 251-255.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1974. "Risk aversion with many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 361-388, July.
- Karni, Edi, 1979. "On Multivariate Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(6), pages 1391-1401, November.
- Yaari, Menahem E., 1969. "Some remarks on measures of risk aversion and on their uses," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 315-329, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vinayan. K.P).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.