The relationship between health and growth: when Lucas meets Nelson-Phelps
AbstractIn this paper Bruegel Non-Resident Fellow Philippe Aghion combines the Lucas and Nelson-Phelps approaches to human capital to give us a better understanding of the relationship between health and growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bruegel in its series Working Papers with number 434.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David E. Bloom, 2011. "Population Dynamics in India and Implications for Economic Growth," PGDA Working Papers 6511, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Casper Worm Hansen, 2012. "Causes of mortality and development: Evidence from large health shocks in 20th century America," Economics Working Papers 2012-29, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Hansen, Casper Worm & Lønstrup, Lars, 2011. "Life expectancy and income: The Ben-Porath mechanism revisited," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 3/2011, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Hansen, Casper Worm, 2011. "The diffusion of health technologies: Cultural and biological divergence," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 6/2011, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Hassan, Gazi & Cooray, Arusha, 2012.
"The effect of female and male health on economic growth: cross-country evidence within a production function framework,"
40083, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gazi Hassan & Arusha Cooray, 2012. "The effect of female and male health on economic growth: cross-country evidence within a production function framework," Economics Working Papers wp12-07, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Hansen, Casper Worm & Lønstrup, Lars, 2013. "The Rise of Life Expectancy and Economic Growth in the 20th Century," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 16/2013, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruegel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.