The trends of Italy's international tourism
AbstractThe book brings together a series of research papers presented at a workshop on "The trends of Italy's international tourism", held at the Bank of Italy in Rome on 22 June 2012, on occasion of the release, on Bank of Italy's website, of microdata from the Survey on international tourism in Italy. In the first session of this workshop, a paper synthesised the main results of the Survey for the period 1997-2011 and another paper analysed the developments of tourism market shares of Italian regions. In the second session, two papers dealt with the effects of low-cost flights on tourism flows to Italy from abroad, and another paper analysed the price competitiveness of Emilia-Romagna's hotels, in comparison with hotels in other European coastal regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area in its series Workshop and Conferences with number 12.
Date of creation: Mar 2013
Date of revision:
constant market share analysis; hedonic regression; low cost carriers; price competitiveness; tourism economics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Antonello E. Scorcu & Roberto Zanola, 2010. "The ‘Right’ Price for Art Collectibles. A Quantile Hedonic Regression Investigation of Picasso Paintings," Working Paper Series 01_10, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Massimiliano Castellani & Maurizio Mussoni & Pierpaolo Pattitoni, 2009. "Air Passengers and Tourism Flows: Evidence from Sicily and Sardinia," Working Paper Series 37_09, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Feb 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.