Análise do Comportamento dos Bancos Brasileiros Pré e Pós-Crise Subprime
AbstractIn this article we study the deposit-taking and lending behavior of Brazilian banks before and after the subprime crisis. The distribution of both series present changes between these two periods. In addition, we implemented a vector autoregression model in order to construct the impulse response functions and variance decomposition. The results point out that the variances forecast of deposit-taking and lending are independent before the subprime crisis. However, after the crisis, we note that the variance of the lending is influenced by the funding for horizons longer than three months
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department in its series Working Papers Series with number 334.
Date of creation: Nov 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.bcb.gov.br/?english
Other versions of this item:
- Osmani Teixeira De Carvalho Guillén & José Valentim Machado Vicente & Claudio Oliveira De Moraes, 2014. "Análise Do Comportamento Dos Bancosbrasileiros Pré E Pós Crise Subprime," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 132, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-29 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Shin, Hyun Song, 2008.
"Risk and liquidity in a system context,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 315-329, July.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Claudio Borio, 2010.
"Ten propositions about liquidity crises,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 56(1), pages 70-95, March.
- Bryant, John, 1980. "A model of reserves, bank runs, and deposit insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-344, December.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1980.
"Comparison of Interwar and Postwar Business Cycles: Monetarism Reconsidered,"
NBER Working Papers
0430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Comparison of Interwar and Postwar Business Cycles: Monetarism Reconsidered," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 250-57, May.
- Viral V. Acharya & Hyun Song Shin & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2009.
"Crisis Resolution and Bank Liquidity,"
NBER Working Papers
15567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- João A. C. Santos, 2000. "Bank capital regulation in contemporary banking theory: a review of the literature," BIS Working Papers 90, Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francisco Marcos Rodrigues Figueiredo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.