G-consistent price system and bid-ask pricing for European contingent claims under Knightian uncertainty
AbstractThe target of this paper is to consider model the risky asset price on the financial market under the Knightian uncertainty, and pricing the ask and bid prices of the uncertain risk. We use the nonlinear analysis tool, i.e., G-frame work , to construct the model of the risky asset price and bid-ask pricing for the European contingent claims under Knightian uncertain financial market. Firstly, we consider the basic risky asset price model on the uncertain financial market, which we construct here is the model with drift uncertain and volatility uncertain. We describe such model by using generalized G-Brownian motion and call it as G-asset price system. We present the uncertain risk premium which is uncertain and distributed with maximum distribution. We derive the closed form of bid-ask price of the European contingent claim against the underlying risky asset with G-asset price system as the discounted conditional G-expecation of the claim, and the bid and ask prices are the viscosity solutions to the nonlinear HJB equations.Furthermore, we consider the main part of this paper, i.e., consider the risky asset on the Knightian uncertain financial market with the price fluctuation shows as continuous trajectories. We propose the G-conditional full support condition by using uncertain capacity, and the risky asset price path satisfying the G-conditional full support condition could be approximated by its G-consistent asset price systems. We derive that the bid and ask prices of the European contingent claim against such risky asset under uncertain can be expressed by discounted of some conditional G-expectation of the claim. We give examples, such as G-Markovian processes and the geometric fractional G-Brownian motion , satisfying the G-conditional full support condition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1308.6256.
Date of creation: Aug 2013
Date of revision: Sep 2013
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-31 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Cyclical Investment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 85-106, February.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1980. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Cyclical Investment," NBER Working Papers 0502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Marie Hoerova & Marco Lo Duca, 2010.
"Risk, Uncertainty and Monetary Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
16397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Marie Hoerova & Marco Lo Duca, 2012. "Risk, uncertainty and monetary policy," Working Paper Research 229, National Bank of Belgium.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hoerova, Marie & Lo Duca, Marco, 2013. "Risk, uncertainty and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1565, European Central Bank.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hoerova, Marie & Lo Duca, Marco, 2010. "Risk, Uncertainty and Monetary Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8154, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2009.
"The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 623-685, 05.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Frey, Rüdiger, 1997. "Derivative Asset Analysis in Models with Level-Dependent and Stochastic Volatility," Discussion Paper Serie B 401, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Roma, Antonio, 1994. "Stochastic Volatility Option Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(04), pages 589-607, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.