Convex risk measures for good deal bounds
AbstractWe study convex risk measures describing the upper and lower bounds of a good deal bound, which is a subinterval of a no-arbitrage pricing bound. We call such a convex risk measure a good deal valuation and give a set of equivalent conditions for its existence in terms of market. A good deal valuation is characterized by several equivalent properties and in particular, we see that a convex risk measure is a good deal valuation only if it is given as a risk indifference price. An application to shortfall risk measure is given. In addition, we show that the no-free-lunch (NFL) condition is equivalent to the existence of a relevant convex risk measure which is a good deal valuation. The relevance turns out to be a condition for a good deal valuation to be reasonable. Further we investigate conditions under which any good deal valuation is relevant.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1108.1273.
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mingxin Xu, 2004.
"Risk Measure Pricing and Hedging in Incomplete Markets,"
0406004, EconWPA, revised 06 Apr 2005.
- Mingxin Xu, 2006. "Risk measure pricing and hedging in incomplete markets," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 51-71, January.
- Cern›, Ales, 2002. "Generalized Sharpe Ratios and Asset Pricing in Incomplete Markets," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 41, Royal Economic Society.
- Bion-Nadal, Jocelyne, 2009. "Bid-ask dynamic pricing in financial markets with transaction costs and liquidity risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(11), pages 738-750, December.
- Kasper Larsen & Traian Pirvu & Steven Shreve & Reha Tütüncü, 2005. "Satisfying convex risk limits by trading," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 177-195, 04.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Post-Print halshs-00176522, HAL.
- Klöppel Susanne & Schweizer Martin, 2007. "Dynamic utility-based good deal bounds," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 25(4/2007), pages 25, October.
- Susanne Klöppel & Martin Schweizer, 2007. "Dynamic Indifference Valuation Via Convex Risk Measures," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 599-627.
- Stefan Jaschke & Uwe Küchler, 2001. "Coherent risk measures and good-deal bounds," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-200.
- Kreps, David M., 1981. "Arbitrage and equilibrium in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 15-35, March.
- Patrick Cheridito & Tianhui Li, 2009. "Risk Measures On Orlicz Hearts," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Tomasz R. Bielecki & Igor Cialenco & Ismail Iyigunler & Rodrigo Rodriguez, 2012. "Dynamic Conic Finance: Pricing and Hedging in Market Models with Transaction Costs via Dynamic Coherent Acceptability Indices," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 1205.4790, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management, revised Jun 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.