Risk measures in ordered normed linear spaces with non-empty cone-interior
AbstractIn this paper, we use tools from the theory of partially ordered normed linear spaces, especially the bases of cones. This work extends the well-known results for convex and coherent risk measures. Its linchpin consists in the replacement of the riskless bond by some interior point in the cone of the space of risks, which stands as the alternative numeraire.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Base of a cone Well-based cones Numeraire asset Coherent and convex risk measures Representability of risk measures;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Herings,P. Jean-Jacques & Polemarchakis,H. M., 2002.
"Pareto Improving Price Regulation When the Asset Market Is Incomplete,"
008, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- P. Herings & Herakles Polemarchakis, 2005. "Pareto improving price regulation when the asset market is incomplete," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 135-154, 01.
- P. Jean-Jacques Herings & Heracles M. Polemarchakis, 1999. "Pareto Improving Price Regulation When the Asset Market Is Incomplete," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1210, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Herings,P. Jean-Jacques & Polemarchakis,H. M., 2000. "Pareto Improving Price Regulation When the Asset Market Is Incomplete," Research Memorandum 008, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- P. J. J. Herings & H. M. Polemarchakis, 2003. "Pareto Improving Price Regulation When the Asset Market is Incomplete," Discussion Papers 03-20, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Herings, P.J.J. & Polemarchakis, H.M., 1999. "Pareto Improving Price Regulation when the Asset Market is Incomplete," Discussion Paper 1999-30, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- HERINGS, Jean-Jacques & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles, 1998. "Pareto improving price regulation when the asset market is incomplete," CORE Discussion Papers 1998041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stefan Jaschke & Uwe Küchler, 2001. "Coherent risk measures and good-deal bounds," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-200.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Patrick Cheridito & Tianhui Li, 2009. "Risk Measures On Orlicz Hearts," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214.
- Kreps, David M., 1981. "Arbitrage and equilibrium in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 15-35, March.
- Stoica, George, 2006. "Relevant coherent measures of risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 794-806, September.
- Farkas, Walter & Koch-Medina, Pablo & Munari, Cosimo, 2014. "Capital requirements with defaultable securities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 58-67.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.