Sur le sens du non welfarisme dans le modèle ELIE de redistribution des revenus de Kolm
AbstractWelfare economics or welfarism, which admits that the sole relevant information to assess social states of affairs are individual utilities (Sen, 1979), has had during a very long time an hegemonic status in the field of normative economics. The ELIE model, for "Equal-Labour Income Equalization", both in a very explicit and recurrent way, is presented as breaking with this still dominant tradition (Kolm, 2005, 2011b). This paper explores the meaning of this distancing with welfarism. It is organized as follow. After having given some clarifications concerning, on one hand, the ELIE model and, on the other hand, the welfarism, I discuss the various aspects of the opposition of the ELIE model of income redistribution to welfarism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France in its series AMSE Working Papers with number 1237.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 29 Nov 2012
Date of revision:
Welfarisme; ELIE; Kolm; choix social; redistribution des revenus.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fleurbaey,Marc & Maniquet,François, 2011.
"A Theory of Fairness and Social Welfare,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521887427, October.
- P. Mongin & C. d'Aspremont, 1996.
"Utility theory and ethics,"
THEMA Working Papers
96-32, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Mongin, P & d'Aspremont, C, 1996. "Utility Theory and Ethics," Papers 9632, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- MONGIN, Philippe & d'ASPREMONT, Claude, . "Utility theory and ethics," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1423, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- MONGIN, Philippe & d ASPREMONT, Claude, 1996. "Utility theory and ethics," CORE Discussion Papers 1996063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Maniquet, F., 1996.
"An Equal Right Solution to the Compensation-Responsability Dilemma,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
335.96, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Maniquet, Francois, 1998. "An equal right solution to the compensation-responsibility dilemma," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 185-202, March.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Maniquet, Francois, 1996. "Fair allocation with unequal production skills: The No Envy approach to compensation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 71-93, August.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2003. "On the informational basis of social choice," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 347-384, October.
- Laurent Simula & Alain Trannoy, 2008. "An Exploration of Incentive-Compatible ELIE," IDEP Working Papers 0812, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 14 Dec 2008.
- OOGHE, Erwin & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, .
"Is ELIE a wasteful minimum income scheme?,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2282, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Alain Trannoy & Laurent Simula, 2008. "When Kolm Meets Mirrless: ELIE," IDEP Working Papers 0811, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Aug 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.