Sorting and Blending Under Quality Uncertainty: Application to Wheat Protein
AbstractQuality uncertainty is of considerable interest to the grain industry. In this paper, uncertainty is incorporated in a model of grain blending decisions. A mixed-integer, nonlinear optimization problem is developed. Simulations illustrate the effect of crop quality on blending decisions, and the effect of blending activities on the distribution of protein within a wheat marketing channel.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2005 Annual Meeting, July 6-8, 2005, San Francisco, California with number 36316.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Industrial Organization; Marketing; Risk and Uncertainty;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, William W., 1986. "Competition in the International Wheat Market," Agricultural Economics Reports 23326, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Hennessy, David A. & Wahl, Thomas I., 1997.
"Discount Schedules and Grower Incentives in Grain Marketing,"
Staff General Research Papers
10672, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy & Thomas I. Wahl, 1997. "Discount Schedules and Grower Incentives in Grain Marketing," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 888-901.
- Johnson, D. Demcey & Wilson, William W., 1993.
"Wheat Cleaning Decisions At Country Elevators,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996. "Economics of Purifying and Blending, The," Staff General Research Papers 5261, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Sivaraman, Eswar & Lyford, Conrad P. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2002. "A General Framework For Grain Blending And Segregation," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 20(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.