Producer Behaviour Under Strict Rationing and Quai-Fixed Factors
AbstractThe paper examines the effect of rationing outputs and inputs on producer behaviour. Full representation of the modified supply-demand system after rationing, including shadow prices for the constrained netputs, is derived from the unrestricted profit function before rationing, and vice-versa. Attention is focused on cross-price effects which have been less explored than own-price effects which obey to the Le Chatelier principle. The theoretical framework is applied to the EC agricultural sector in order to analyse the effects of output and input rationing on the production structure of the EC agricultural sector, with emphasis on the impact of the milk quota constraint on unrestricted output supplies and input demands.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center in its series Bulletins with number 7489.
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 231ClaOff Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu/EDC.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tsigas, Marinos E. & Hertel, Thomas W., 1989. "Testing Dynamic Models Of The Farm Firm," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(01), July.
- Kulatilaka, Nalin, 1985. "Tests on the validity of static equilibrium models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 253-268, May.
- Hazilla, Michael & Kopp, Raymond J., 1986. "Testing for separable functional structure using temporary equilibrium models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 119-141.
- Hughes, Joseph P., 1981. "Giffen inputs and the theory of multiple production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 287-301, October.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M., 1987.
"Microeconometric Models of Rationing, Imperfect Markets, and Non-Negativity Constraints,"
7470, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M., 1987. "Microeconometric models of rationing, imperfect markets, and non-negativity constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 89-110.
- Nadiri, M Ishaq & Rosen, Sherwin, 1969. "Interrelated Factor Demand Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 457-71, Part I Se.
- Neary, J.P & Roberts, K.W.S, 1978.
"The Theory of Household Behaviour under Rationing,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
132, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sakai, Yasuhiro, 1974. "Substitution and expansion effects in production theory: The case of joint production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 255-274, November.
- Epstein, Larry G, 1981. "Duality Theory and Functional Forms for Dynamic Factor Demands," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 81-95, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.