LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE PHASE-OUT OF THE MFAs: MOVING FROM MANAGED DISTORTION TO MANAGED DISTORTION
AbstractPaper presented at 69th ICAC Meetings, Lubbock, TX, September 2010
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Texas Tech University, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in its series Conference Papers with number 96674.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Agricultural and Food Policy; International Relations/Trade;
Other versions of this item:
- Hudson, Darren & Ethridge, Don E. & Mutuc, Maria Erlinda M., 2011. "Lessons Learned from the Phase-out of the MFA: Moving from Managed Distortion to Managed Distortion," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 12(1).
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juliette Milgram Baleix, 2005. "Quotas on Clothing Imports: Impact and Determinants of EU Trade Policy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 445-460, 08.
- Kenneth A. Reinert, 2000. "Give Us Virtue, But Not Yet: Safegaurd Actions Under the Agreement on Textiles and Clothing," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 25-55, 01.
- Peter Walkenhorst, 2004. "Liberalising Trade in Textiles and Clothing: A Survey of Quantitative Studies," International Trade 0401007, EconWPA.
- Diao, Xinshen & Somwaru, Agapi, 2001. "Impact of the MFA phase-out on the world economy," TMD discussion papers 79, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- J. Michael Finger & Ann Harrison, 1994.
"The MFA Paradox: More Protection and More Trade?,"
NBER Working Papers
4751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.