A Joint Livestock-Crop Multi-Factor Relative Productivity Approach
AbstractAn output distance function conditional on the expansion of a second output is presented. These distance functions are used to calculate distinct relative Total Factor Productivity (TFP) scores for two jointly produced products-livestock and crops for 27 countries. From these, TFP growth and direction of growth are calculated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama with number 35157.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balk, Bert M, 1993. "Malmquist Productivity Indexes and Fisher Ideal Indexes: Comment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 680-82, May.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1997.
"LDC agriculture: Nonparametric Malmquist productivity indexes,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 373-390, August.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 2005. "LDC Agriculture: Non-parametric Malmquist productivity indexes," Development and Comp Systems 0502025, EconWPA.
- Lambert, David K. & Ussif, Al-Amin M., 1997. "A Distance Function Approach to Multifactor Productivity Measurement in U.S. Agriculture," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35793, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Jorge Fernandez-Cornejo & C. Richard Shumway, 1997. "Research and Productivity in Mexican Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 738-753.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Richard Nehring & Agapi Somwaru, 1997. "Agricultural Productivity Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1045-1063.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Rae, Allan N. & Ma, Hengyun & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005.
"Livestock in China: Commodity-specific Total Factor Productivity Decomposition Using New Panel Data,"
2005 Conference, August 26-27, 2005, Nelson, New Zealand
98507, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Allan N. Rae & Hengyun Ma & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2006. "Livestock in China: Commodity-Specific Total Factor Productivity Decomposition Using New Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 680-695.
- Rae, Allan N. & Ma, Hengyun & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Livestock in China: Commodity specific total factor productivity decomposition using new panel data," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19527, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ma, Hengyun & Rae, Allan N. & Huang, Jikun, 2004. "Livestock Productivity In China: Data Revision And Total Factor Productivity Decomposition," China Agriculture Project Working Papers 23691, Massey University, Centre for Applied Economics and Policy Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.