Farming and the Internet: Factors Affecting Input Purchases Online and Reasons for Non-Adoption
AbstractUsing the 2005 ARMS data, significant factors are identified that influence the decision to purchase farm inputs over the Internet and reasons for not adopting the Internet. Internet input purchasing farmers tend to be younger and more educated. Non-adopters that are more educated most likely cite Internet security concerns as their primary reason for not adopting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas with number 6871.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
ARMS; Internet; Farming; e-commerce; Farm Management; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Q12; R1;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, Aaron D. & Morrison Paul, Catherine J. & Goe, W. Richard & Kenney, Martin, 2004.
"Computer and Internet Use by Great Plains Farmers,"
11947, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Williams, Robert P., 2006. "Internet Access and Use by Farm Households," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21106, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Park, Timothy A., 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Internet Use by U.S. Farmers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.