The Impact Of Nafta On U.S. Agriculture: An Ex-Post, Binary Variable Approach
AbstractFollowing the completion of the implementation period for NAFTA, this market integration has influenced economic behavior in these markets. Given this assumption, this study identifies, ex-post, the effects of structural adjustment and tariff elimination on U.S. agriculture.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida with number 142132.
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision:
NAFTA; Ex-post analysis; Binary variable; Structural adjustment; Agricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis; International Relations/Trade; Q11; Q17; Q18;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M. Gould, 1998. "Has NAFTA changed North American trade?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q 1, pages 12-23.
- Mary E. Burfisher & Sherman Robinson & Karen Thierfelder, 2001. "The Impact of NAFTA on the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 125-144, Winter.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-75, June.
- Young, Linda M. & Wainio, John & Meilke, Karl D., 2004.
"Trade Remedy Actions In Nafta Agriculture And Agri-Food Industries,"
Keeping the Borders Open; Proceedings of the 8th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2002
16935, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- John Wainio & Linda M. Young & Karl Meilke, 2003. "Trade Remedy Actions in NAFTA: Agriculture and Agri-Food Industries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(7), pages 1041-1065, 07.
- Grennes, Thomas J. & Estrada, Julio Hernandez & Krissoff, Barry & Matus Gardea, Jaime Arturo & Sharples, Jerry A. & Valdes, Constanza, 1991. "An Analysis Of A United States-Canada-Mexico Free Trade Agreement," Commissioned Papers 14616, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.