The Effectiveness of Dairy Risk Management at Managing Income, Revenue, and Margin Risk
AbstractWith the 2009 milk prices still fresh on everyone’s mind, there has been increased interest in ways to limit milk price volatility. Using SERF, this paper determined some dairies are willing to pay for limited milk price volatility and found a value they are willing to pay using risk premiums.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas with number 98833.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Dairy; Stochastic Simulation; price volatility; Agricultural and Food Policy; Farm Management;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Brian Hardaker & James W. Richardson & Gudbrand Lien & Keith D. Schumann, 2004.
"Stochastic efficiency analysis with risk aversion bounds: a simplified approach,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(2), pages 253-270, 06.
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Richardson, James W. & Lien, Gudbrand D. & Schumann, Keith D., 2004. "Stochastic efficiency analysis with risk aversion bounds: a simplified approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(2), June.
- Outlaw, Joe L. & Richardson, James W. & Herbst, Brian K. & Anderson, David P. & Sartwelle, James D., III & Raulston, J. Marc & Feldman, Paul A. & Schumann, Keith D. & Klose, Steven L. & Schwart, Rober, 2004.
"Representative Farms Economic Outlook for the December 2004 FAPRI/AFPC Baseline,"
42672, Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center.
- Richardson, James W. & Outlaw, Joe L. & Anderson, David P. & Raulston, J. Marc & Herbst, Brian K. & Sartwelle, James D., III & Schwart, Robert B., Jr. & Schumann, Keith D. & Feldman, Paul A. & Klose, , 2004. "Representative Farms Economic Outlook for the December 2004 FAPRI/AFPC Baseline," Briefing Series 42668, Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center.
- Richardson, James W. & Klose, Steven L. & Gray, Allan W., 2000. "An Applied Procedure For Estimating And Simulating Multivariate Empirical (Mve) Probability Distributions In Farm-Level Risk Assessment And Policy Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(02), August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.