Trust and Control Dynamics in Agrifood Supply Networks: Communication Strategies for Electronic Transaction Environments
AbstractAgrifood supply networks are dynamic structures where firms regularly face the need to search for new market partners. A decision for a transaction with a new partner requires the existence of appropriate control and safeguard mechanisms as well as trust to overcome perceived risk and uncertainties. Electronic transaction environments offer new potentials for the identification of new transaction partners. However, trust and control need to be communicated appropriately in electronic transaction environments for agrifood supply network scenarios. Problems for appropriate communication are posed by the complex interrelation between trust and control in transaction processes and their dynamically changing importance in a transaction relation. This paper contributes to the development of appropriate trust and control communication strategies in e-commerce as it analyzes the occurrence of trust and control elements in the phases of a transaction in the agrifood sector.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia with number 25509.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Agricultural Markets Marketing; Marketing; Technological Change; Social Norms; Social Capital; e-Commerce; Industrial Organization; Marketing; Q13; O3; Z13; L81;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jackson, Elizabeth & Quaddus, Mohammed & Islam, Nazrul & Stanton, John & Hoque, Zohurul, 2007. "A Multi-Disciplinary Approach For Determining Adoption Of Agricultural Price Risk Management Strategies," 81st Annual Conference, April 2-4, 2007, Reading University 7985, Agricultural Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.