Credit Risk Migration Experienced By Agricultural Lenders
AbstractLoan records and lender credit risk classifications are used to examine agricultural credit risk migration. The results include estimates of the likelihood of borrowers transitioning among five credit risk tiers. The paper also examines factors that influence or predict credit risk migration and its impact on loan pricing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management in its series Working Papers with number 127147.
Date of creation: May 2004
Date of revision:
credit risk; agricultural lending; credit risk migration; credit quality; Agricultural Finance; Risk and Uncertainty;
Other versions of this item:
- Gloy, Brent A. & LaDue, Eddy L. & Gunderson, Michael A., 2004. "Credit Risk Migration Experienced By Agricultural Lenders," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19944, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anil Bangia & Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann, 2000.
"Ratings Migration and the Business Cycle, With Application to Credit Portfolio Stress Testing,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
00-26, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Bangia, Anil & Diebold, Francis X. & Kronimus, Andre & Schagen, Christian & Schuermann, Til, 2002. "Ratings migration and the business cycle, with application to credit portfolio stress testing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 445-474, March.
- Gloy, Brent A. & Gunderson, Michael A. & LaDue, Eddy L., 2004.
"The Costs and Returns of Agricultural Credit Delivery,"
127134, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Brent A. Gloy & Michael A. Gunderson & Eddy L. LaDue, 2005. "The Costs and Returns of Agricultural Credit Delivery," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 703-716.
- Nickell, Pamela & Perraudin, William & Varotto, Simone, 2000.
"Stability of rating transitions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 203-227, January.
- Lando, David & Skodeberg, Torben M., 2002. "Analyzing rating transitions and rating drift with continuous observations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 423-444, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.