An Assessment Of Workarounds For Spatial Effects In The Case Of Binary Probit
AbstractThe consequences of spatial effects on discrete choice models have not been well established. Various ad hoc workarounds have been proposed to mitigate potential estimation problems. This paper employs Monte Carlo simulation to investigate the severity of the problems introduced by spatial effects and the effectiveness of the workarounds.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO with number 20234.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Gerald & Hellerstein, Daniel, 1997.
"Do roads cause deforestation? Using satellite images in econometric analysis of land use,"
25261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerald C. Nelson & Daniel Hellerstein, 1997. "Do Roads Cause Deforestation? Using Satellite Images in Econometric Analysis of Land Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 80-88.
- Staal, S. J. & Baltenweck, I. & Waithaka, M. M. & deWolff, T. & Njoroge, L., 2002. "Location and uptake: integrated household and GIS analysis of technology adoption and land use, with application to smallholder dairy farms in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 295-315, November.
- H. Kelejian, Harry & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2001. "On the asymptotic distribution of the Moran I test statistic with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 219-257, September.
- Alessandro De Pinto & Gerald C. Nelson, 2007.
"Modelling Deforestation and Land-Use Change: Sparse Data Environments,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 502-516, 09.
- De Pinto, Alessandro & Nelson, Gerald C., 2006. "Modeling Deforestation and Land Use Change: Sparse Data Environments," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25723, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Levente Tímár, 2011. "Rural Land Use and Land Tenure in New Zealand," Working Papers 11_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.