Cost Effectiveness Of Nutrient Management And Buffers: Comparisons Of Four Spatial Scenarios
AbstractPolicymakers are seeking cost effective methods to reduce nutrient pollution from agriculture. Predicted costs and pollution reductions from nutrient management and buffers are evaluated under four spatial scenarios describing a watershed. Results will help policymakers evaluate alternative Best Management Practices (BMPs) for water quality protection in agriculture.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO with number 20069.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Environmental Economics and Policy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carpentier, Chantal Line & Bosch, Darrell J. & Batie, Sandra S., 1998. "Using Spatial Information To Reduce Costs Of Controlling Agricultural Nonpoint Source Pollution," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(1), April.
- Lynch, Lori & Brown, Cheryl, 2000. "Landowner Decision Making About Riparian Buffers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(03), December.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Opaluch, James J., 1991. "Aggregate Analysis Of Site-Specific Pollution Problems: The Case Of Groundwater Contamination From Agriculture," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 20(1), April.
- Peng, Wei & Bosch, Darrell J., 2001. "Risk And Site Factors Affecting Potential Nitrogen Delivery In The Virginia Coastal Plain," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(01), April.
- repec:jaa:jagape:v:32:y:2000:i:3:p:585-596 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hochman, Eithan & Zilberman, David, 1979. "Two-goal environmental policy: An integration of micro and micro ad hoc decision rules," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 152-174, June.
- Just, Richard E & Antle, John M, 1990. "Interactions between Agricultural and Environmental Policies: A Conceptual Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 197-202, May.
- Hochman, Eithan & Zilberman, David, 1978. "Examination of Environmental Policies Using Production and Pollution Microparameter Distributions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 739-60, July.
- Marc O. Ribaudo & Robert C. Johansson, 2007. "Nutrient Management Use at the Rural-Urban Fringe: Does Demand for Environmental Quality Play a Role?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 689-699.
- Goeringer, L. Paul & Goodwin, Harold L., Jr. & Dixon, Bruce L. & Popp, Michael P., 2013. "EnVesting in an Agricultural Legacy: Design and Implementation of a Targeted Young and Beginning Farmer Loan Program in Arkansas," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143037, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Pesek, John D., Jr. & Bernard, John C. & Gupta, Meeta, 2011. "Consumer Interest in Environmentally Beneficial Chicken Feeds: Comparing High Available Phosphorus Corn and Other Varieties," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(04), November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.