Report NEP-COM-2009-02-14This is the archive for NEP-COM, a report on new working papers in the area of Industrial Competition. Russell Pittman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Winand Emons & Claude Fluet, 2009. "Non-comparative versus Comparative Advertising as a Quality Signal," Cahiers de recherche 0902, CIRPEE.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler, 2009. "Intra-firm Conflicts and Interfirm Competition," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-007, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Andreas Panagopoulos & In-Uck Park, 2008. "Patent Protection, Takeovers, and Startup Innovation: A Dynamic Approach," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/201, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Müller, Elisabeth & MacGarvie, Megan J. & Cockburn, Iain M., 2008. "Patent Thickets, Licensing and Innovative Performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-101, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Beschorner, Patrick Frank Ernst, 2008. "Do Shorter Product Cycles Induce Patent Thickets?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-098, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Philippe Aghion & John Van Reenen & Luigi Zingales, 2009. "Innovation and Institutional Ownership," CEP Discussion Papers dp0911, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- J.A. Bikker & Laura Spierdijk, 2009. "Measuring and explaining competition in the financial sector," Working Papers 09-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2008. "Bank cross-border mergers and acquisitions (Causes, consequences and recent trends)," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 9, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Competition and Relationship Lending: Friends or Foes?," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 13, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- de la Torre, Augusto & Soledad Martinez Peria, Maria & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2008. "Drivers and Obstacles to Banking SMEs: The Role of Competition and the Institutional Framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4788, The World Bank.
- Gropp, Reint Eberhard & Kashyap, Anil K., 2008. "A New Metric for Banking Integration in Europe," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-102, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Urdapilleta, Eduardo & Stephanou, Constantinos, 2009. "Banking in Brazil: Structure, Performance, Drivers, and Policy Implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4809, The World Bank.
- Laurent Weill, 2009. "Do Islamic Banks Have Greater Market Power ?," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2009-02, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg (France).
- Edmond Baranes & François Mirabel & Jean-Christophe Poudou, 2008. "Strategic Storage and Competition in European Gas Markets," Cahiers du LASER (LASER Working Papers) 2008.24, LASER (Laboratoire de Science Economique de Richter), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Holmberg, P. & Newbery, D & Ralph, D., 2008. "Supply Function Equilibria: Step Functions and Continuous Representations," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0863, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Beschorner, Patrick Frank Ernst, 2008. "Ex Post Regulation Facilitates Collusion," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-099, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Pellešová, Pavlína, 2008.
"Role Úřadu Pro Ochranu Hospodářské Soutěže V Politice Tvorby A Ochrany Konkurenčního Prostředí
[Position Of The Competition Control Office In Policy Of Competitive Protection Of Economic," MPRA Paper 12093, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2009. "Globalization and innovation in emerging markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4808, The World Bank.
- Kudoh, Noritaka, 2009. "Price setting and competition with search frictions," Discussion paper series. A 203, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.