Integrating into Asia’s international production networks: Challenges and prospects for India
In: India: A New Player in Asian Production Networks?, Studies in Trade and Investment 75
AbstractChapter IV includes case studies of the automotive components and electronics sectors in order to illustrate the potentially successful example of India emerging as an important regional player in Asian IPNs. The policy challenges and key recommendations for India to integrate into Asian IPNs are analysed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number tipub2624_chap4.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
production network; fragmentation of production; Asia; value chain; China; India; PTAs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Yamashita, Nobuaki, 2006.
"Production fragmentation and trade integration: East Asia in a global context,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 233-256, December.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Nobuaki Yamashita, 2005. "Production Fragmentation and Trade Integration: East Asia in a Global Context," Departmental Working Papers 2005-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Ramkishen Rajan, 1996. "Measures of intra-industry trade reconsidered with reference to Singapore’s bilateral trade with Japan and the United States," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 132(2), pages 378-389, September.
- Manoj Pant, 1993. "Export performance, Transnational Corporations and the Manufacturing Sector: A Case Study of India," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 41-54, January.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra, 2010.
"Production Networks and Trade Patterns in East Asia: Regionalization or Globalization?,"
Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration
56, Asian Development Bank.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2011. "Production Networks and Trade Patterns in East Asia: Regionalization or Globalization?," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 10(1), pages 65-95, January.
- Poonam Gupta & Rana Hasan & Utsav Kumar, 2008.
"What Constrains Indian Manufacturing?,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
22162, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Arvind Virmani & Danish A. Hashim, 2010. "Factor Employment, Sources and Sustainability of Output Growth: Analysis of Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers id:2415, eSocialSciences.
- Gianluca OREFICE & Nadia ROCHA, 2011. "Deep integration and production networks: an empirical analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2011-24, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- A. Aggarwal, 2002. "Liberalisation, Multinational Enterprises and Export Performance: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 119-137.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.